Skip to main content


What Are Burn Restrictions in the County? 

The status of current Boulder County burn bans can be found here.

Information about obtaining a slash burn permit can be found at BCSO Burn Permits.

Because of the higher residential density and smoke issues, burning slash in suburban areas and neighborhoods is generally not allowed. Please contact Firefighter Dean Rogers at 303-530-9575 x 106 if you have questions.

Can I Schedule a Car Seat Installion Or Inspection? 

Yes, click here.

Can I Get Information On Smoke Alarms? 

Smoke alarms let you know that there may be a fire in your home and that you must get out quickly! Most house fires occur from 10:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m.

Boulder Rural Fire Rescue wants to remind everyone how important it is to have working smoke alarms on every level of your home. Remember when you change your clocks to change your smoke alarm batteries, every six months. Smoke alarms that have been pulled off the wall or have had batteries removed won’t do you any good when you really need them!

If you need batteries for your smoke alarms, please call us at 303-530-9575.

Can I get a FREE Boulder County Residential Address Signs/Plates? 

For mountain addresses, Boulder County offer free reflective address signs. Click HERE for for more information.

Can I Get Assistance With Wildfire Mitigation? 

In 2014, Boulder Rural introduced Wildfire Partners as a voluntary program to help homeowners prepare for wildfire. Boulder County encouraged residents to apply for this unique opportunity to receive valuable wildfire mitigation assistance and rebates.

Over 8,100 letters were sent to Boulder County homeowners and the program accepted 500 homeowners.

We are pleased to announce the program has received funding for 2016, and again we are encouraging those who didn’t sign up before to do so now. Boulder Rural has over 20 homeowners currently participating in the plan.

The Wildfire Partners Advisory Committee, in which Boulder Rural is represented, met recently to review the program and make it better for this year.

Please take some time and visit the website at

How Can I Request Documents? 

Boulder Rural Fire Protection District Board of Directors has adopted the following resolution regarding document retrieval requests, procedures, and costs. Click here.

Any Tips on Using a Fire Extinguisher? 

It is easy to remember how to use a fire extinguisher if you remember the acronym, “PASS.”


PULL the pin. This will allow you to discharge the extinguisher.

AIM at the base of the fire. Hit the fuel.... you aim at the flames, the extinguishing agent will pass right through and do no good.

SQUEEZE the top handle. This depresses a button that releases the pressurized extinguishing agent.

SWEEP from side-to-side until the fire is completely out. Start using the extinguisher from a safe distance away and then slowly move forward. Once the fire is out, keep an eye on the area in case it re-ignites.

Who do I call for ambulance billing information? 

Please contact Quick Med Claims for all billing related questions at (800)901-1155.

How do I file a records request? 

Please see the attached document for more information. 

Public Records Request.docx